Sub-technical Working Group on MRV (STWG-MRV) meets periodically, averaging
once in two months. If you would like to join these meetings, please send an
email to Akiko.Inoguchi@fao.org.
- Department of Science Technology and International
Cooperation, VNFOREST, MARD
procedures of the STWG:
- The STWG-MRV is a loose network of organizations/individuals
working on aspects of MRV and REL/RL of REDD+ readiness in Vietnam.
STWG-MRV functions as a venue for general or focused discussions on related
matters, and operates without a documented TOR.
- The STWG-MRV meets periodically
or as opportunities arise.
- Meeting minutes are shared with the Network members
through its google-groups email list-serve.
hosted meetings so far (as of April 2011):
- 21 April 2010: Brain-storming on MRV framework for
- 13 August 2010: REL/RL and PCM
- 25-26 August 2010: Joint field meeting on
Participatory Carbon Monitoring (and implications of REDD in CFM areas) in Dak
- 12 October 2010: R-PP components 3 and 4 review
- 23 November 2010: REL/RL and MRV general discussions with
FAO lead technical office
- 21 January 2011: MRV related deliberations from Cancun
Main areas of
discussions so far:
- Different institutional options for forest inventory and
monitoring in Vietnam
- REL/RL methodology discussions (for details, see R-PP
- Participatory C-stock monitoring (PCM) - its roles,
functions and approaches for measurement
- Historical forest inventory data/map availability and quality
- Forestry data platform (FORMIS)
- Updates on the proposal for the 5th Cycle of the
National Forest Inventory and Monitoring Programme (NFIMP)
- Institutional arrangements for the National MRV System
- Other information sharing from related activities and