CERDA: Pilot models of implementation of Reducing Emission from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+) at grassroots level in North of Vietnam
Location: Thai Nguyen province
Duration: 31 months, from 2013.6 to 2015.12
Coordinator: Tebtebba Foundation - Indigenous Peoples’ International Centre for Policy Research and Education
Project owner: Centre of Research & Development in Upland Area (CERDA)
Objective: The indigenous and local communities in the target project area are able to work as an independent holder of the REDD+ initiative and contribute to the national REDD+ policies; the provincial REDD+ action plan developed with the full participation of all stakeholders, especially REDD+ pilot community entities
- Outcome 1: Enhanced capabilities of indigenous and local communities, including indigenous women, to effectively engage in REDD+ Plus decision-making and implementation processes, at provincial, national level and to influence the design, development of methodologies, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of REDD+ policies and programs towards meeting the goals of climate change mitigation and sustainable development.
- Outcome 2. Indigenous ecological knowledge systems are recognized and utilized and traditional and sustainable livelihoods of forest-dependent indigenous peoples are strengthened, supported and integrated as essential components of the holistic framework for sustainable development
- Completion of the existing REDD+ pilot on forest Carbon and none Carbon performance which is conducted by the indigenous and local community institution in the two kinds of forest tenure: community-based
- Development of provincial REDD+ action plan
- Materials (in video or printed) on analysis, concept and methodology which are developed to contribute to planning and implementation of REDD+ and sustainable livelihood at national and sub-national level.
- Policy advocacy at national and provincial level conducted by the indigenous community’s legal institutions, local authorities and CERDA.
Focal point/Contact person
Vu Thi Hien
Centre of Research & Development in Upland Area (CERDA)
Room 801, Agriculture Bank Block,
Alley 106/10, Lane 106, Hoang Quoc Viet str., Hanoi, Vietnam
Tell: (+84) 4 62690174; Fax: (+84) 4 62690848
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: 0913039718 or 0975790816