• Project title: Sustainable Natural Resource Management Project (SNRM Project)
• Location: Hanoi and 5 Provinces (Dien Bien, Lai Chau, Son La, Hoa Binh and Lam Dong)
• Duration: August 2015 - August 2020
• Funding: JICA Technical Cooperation (Grant)
• Project owner: Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD)
• Objective: To enhance national capacity for sustainable natural resource management by focusing on SFM, REDD+, Biodiversity conservation and the people who depend on these natural resources for their livelihoods.
• Status: Ongoing
The SNRM Project was launched in August 2015 by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE), and five provinces (Dien Bien, Lai Chau, Son La, Hoa Binh and Lam Dong).
The SNRM Project was formulated by integrating the achievements as well as lessons learnt from a various JICA’s cooperation, such as “the Project for Sustainable Forest Management in the Northwest Watershed Area (SUSFORM-NOW)” and “the Project for Strengthening Community-Based Management Capacity of Bidoup Nui Ba National Park”, in order to scale up JICA’s support to nature conservation sector in Vietnam.
The SNRM Project is expected to achieve the following four outcomes.
I. Policy support component
Development and implementation of key policies, such as the revision of the Law on Forest Protection and Development (FPDL), the action plans of the proposal on restructuring forestry sector and the National REDD+ Action Program (NRAP), are promoted.
II. Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) and REDD+ component
Sustainable Forest Management, through development and implementation of Provincial REDD+ Action Plans (PRAPs), is promoted in four provinces in the Northwest (Dien Bien, Lai Chau, Son La and Hoa Binh).
III. Biodiversity component
An integrated and collaborative ecosystem management system is established for sustainable conservation and management of the Lang Biang Biosphere Reserve.
IV. Knowledge sharing component
Synthesis and sharing of the knowledge and lesson learnt generated from other components are enhanced among related government agencies and other key stakeholders at national and international level.
Focal point/Contact person:1. Mr. Vu Xuan Thon (National Project Director): email@example.com
2. Mr. Hiro Miyazono (Chief Technical Advisor): firstname.lastname@example.org
Room 601, MBFPs, Building 2, 16 Thuy Khue Str., Tay Ho Dist, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Tel/Fax: 84 (0)4 3237 3327